HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!
The TopKapi Palace in Istanbul has a collection called the SACRED TRUSTS.
In this collection are the swords of Hassan, Husayn, Ali, Uthman and many of the other companions of Mohammad. It also includes the Sword of Mohammad himself in addition to a whole array of other items that were handed down from Dynasty to Dynasty of the Caliphate of the Islamic Empire.
It was amazing walking through those rooms. I had no idea that these things existed. A real treat for me. Indeed.
I’ll have to get a copy of the book in order to show it around. Expensive, big and heavy, though.
Still. Amazing. I was awestruck.
This is a list of the items on display in this collection:
- The Holy Mantle
- The Honored Standard
- First Manuscripts of Quranic Verses
- The Letters Of Prophet Muhammad
- The Sacred Seal
- The sacred Strands of Hair
- The Prophet’s Footprint
- The Sacred Sandals
- The Bow Of the Prophet
- The Holy Tooth
- The staff Of Prophet Muhammad
- The staff Of Moses
- The Cooking Vessel Of The Prophet Abraham
- The Turban of the Prophet Joseph
- The Prophet John’s (John the Baptist) Forearm and a Fragment Of His Skull
- The Keys and Locks of the Kaba
- The water Bag used during the restoration of the Tomb of the Prophet
- Covers Of Kaba and the tomb of the prophet
- Soil form the Grave of Prophet Muhammad
- The Prayer Rug and Bridal Veil of Fatimah al-Zahra
- The scarf of Aisha bint Abu Bakr
- Sword Of The Prophet
- Sword Of Abu bakr al-Siddiq
- Sword Of Umar ibn al-Khattab
- Sword Of Uthman ibn Affan
- Sword Of Ali ibn Abu Talib
- A Piece of a Mantle Attributed to Husayn ibn Ali
- A Piece of Earth from Karbala
* I don’t know about the Staff of Moses. Everything else would seem to be original and in decent shape for swords, clothing, etc that are well over 1,000 years old.