“Fact is Muslims kill far more Muslims than non-Muslims.”
Umar, Founder of the Ummayyad Dynasty
I don’t understand when people state this obvious fact as if it is a totem against Islamic extremism or judgment thereof.
This is a horrid fact. It is a wretched statement about the lunacy of Islam. To be an apostate in Islam is a death sentence and nearly every group of Muslim lunatics has their own definition of apostacy. Much like the Catholics and Protestants (pick your denomination) in the age of Christian insanity, to fall in with a group of Muslims is to inculcate their beliefs or risk death in non-conformity. In the West, non-conformity is to risk at best ostracism from a desired group. At worst and if one acts violently, one may risk imprisonment or exile (ala Manning & Snowden). In Islam, non-conformity is a possible or probable death sentence. Depending on the country, region or group of lunatics in one’s immediate geographic area, probable/possible can proceed with alacrity to certainty.
According to some researchers, 15% of the world’s Muslim population actively or passively supports extremist views of Islam. This is certainly not true. For to be a Muslim is to believe that the Qu’ran is infallible. Much of the Qu’ran is extremist. Certainly, there are passages in the Qu’ran which imitate the New Testament of the suicidal Messiah. However, most of the Qu’ran is about conquest and akin to the Old Testament and the Judaic God of Omnipotent Fury.
One can read the Qu’ran and come away with passages of love for humanity. Yet, Islam is not Christianity. Islam is it’s own religion. Islam asserts it’s ascendancy over all other religions. Islam states that it is well and good to convert via conquest even as it states that no Infidel or non-believer should be forced into conversion (or reversion as the Muslims believe). Instead of forcing one to “revert,” Islam creates a second class of citizens and a third class of citizens all the while asserting that this well and good.
Islam, as of this time, has no real global political power. The judge of the character of a religion or cause is not it’s actions during impotence but in it’s age of power. How does it treat those when it has the power to coerce, tax and to impose it’s will.
One must look to the Nations wherein Islam IS the power. Where Islam is the Law. For this, we have Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lybia and assorted other nations such as Indonesia. The outlook is not favorable for Islam as peaceful and tolerant religion.
Look to Jerusalem during the Jordanian occupation. How did the Jordanians treat non-Muslims in their holy city. How do Muslims treat the holy places of the other? In the history of Islam, they have mostly been want to demand respect for their holy places while desecrating those of all others. To be sure, there are exceptions. Omar, Babar and Saladin are fine examples of Islamic tolerance. Omar was an early Islamic leader coming soon after Mohammad. Babar and Saladin were not of the Arab/Gulf school of Islam. They grew up under the Mystics and Sufis of the deserts.
The brand of Islam that has arisen again out of the Nejd and which is spreading like a disease of the soul throughout the Muslim world via Wahhabism and it’s children in the Muslim Brotherhood is not of the desert Sufis or Mystics. Wahhabism is severe. Wahhabism is a cancer being spread via oil pipelines and capitalistic greed. It is apocalyptic. It is messianic. It is a potential world devourer for it cares not whom it kills, how many it murders or what it destroys. It’s mission is to spread throughout the body of humanity by any means necessary even unto the death of the host. We can wish that this latest Muslim movement was one of tolerance and we can pretend that the 15% are the only Muslims about whom we must be concerned. However, in the history of man, it is not the 85% who carries the day and rules history or crafts the stories of blood and violence that rends peace and creates war. It is the 15% who terrorizes and leads the other 85% into the rift of war, violence and conquest.
Certainly, Muslims kill more Muslims than they kill outsiders. They are neighbors. The fight is more personal. They are convenient targets for one another. The idealistic are always a lunatic fringe and when carried into the future by extremist views of any ideology, they will carry the day. For they have the passion and the will to force their views on the masses.