Sheila Jackson Lee wants to redefine or refine the Iraq Era AUMF. I’m all for it. I only wish she’d have felt that way before they voted on the original authorization, during the Bush Administration or during the Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton reign of terror across the Middle East and the entry of the United States into Ukraine.
While we’re at it, refine the role of the United States in Europe. Explain and define the US role in NATO. One of these intelligent people must be able to explain to me why the 44 nations of Europe need the United States of America to defend them from Russia and/or each other. What, now, is the purpose of NATO? The only reason that I can see for its existence is to sell war and weapons to weak Eastern European pawns as we put the newest Red Scare on them and each other. I suppose if we push the Putin boogie man successfully enough, Raytheon, Boeing, Northrup Grumman, General Dynamics and a few other select arms maker can become more fabulously wealthy and their lobbyist can spread more cash to the criminals in Congress.
- PTSD would explain quite a bit about Omar.
- Refugees often suffer from some form of PTSD.
- If Omar suffers from PTSD she is not fit for office. She is mentally not stable enough to represent her constituents.
- No President should have the ability to war with impunity.
- It is unfortunate that these “brave” democrats didn’t build up their courage and confront Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on their war mongering. Instead, they defended them. See Benghazi.
- Trump is simply a President. Judge him on his actions and his policies. Individually and singly.
- Perpetual War is no good thing regardless of who is waging it. The Deep State, the Republicans or the Democrats. It should be discouraged. Perpetual war, like political correctness, censorship and cancel culture, etc, will lead to the destruction of this Republic.
These are partisan statements. If there were a Democrat acting against Iran, these “courageous” women would remain silent or support that Democrat.
Partisanship via political party is an act of Treason.
We are Americans first. Democrats, Republicans, etc somewhere down the line.
I celebrated the death of Qassim Soleimani. The man was evil. He wanted to spread the wretched Shi’a Islamic Revolution of the decrepit old Khomeini all over the Islamic World. Good riddance.
That doesn’t mean that I want or support perpetual war.
America should pull out of Europe and the Middle East. They’re both full of shithole countries that do nothing but murder, oppress and hate. That is especially true of Europe.
It is time for Europe to defend herself. Bring US troops home. Europe can afford it. They can cut back some of those entitlements.