Marc Lamont Hill is a fool. He is ignorant. He is wrong.
Support for Palestine is:
1. Support for the Enemies of God/Allah (if one is a believer in such things as Gods, in general and/or the God of Abraham specifically).
Either that or the Palestinians are so ignorant that they do not know that Palestine is derived from Philistia who were THE enemies of God.
2. A call for the destruction of Israel (or support of said call).
Every Palestine movement has called for the destruction and violent end of Israel and the death of the Jews.
3. A call for another Saudi Arabia.
Palestine is not going to be an enlightened nation wherein freedom and liberty will reign supreme. Hamas, Fatah, the PLA/O all call for an Islamic Nation based on Islamic Law. It’s another petty religious tyranny waiting to be formed. Saudi Arabia, Iran….Palestine.
4. Palestine is already free and a Nation. It’s called Jordan. They have a Nation. They also have Lebanon now because Palestinians combined with Hezbollah stole that nation from the Marionite Christians and occupied it.
5. I’ll support the end of the occupation of Jerusalem when the occupation of the Holy Roman Empire and Constantinople comes to an end.
6. Jerusalem is not the holy city of Muslims. That is Mekkah. Jerusalem is THE holy city of the Jews and has been for thousands of years. If Muslims base their claim on their 1300 year old conquest and occupation of Jerusalem, Israel has the greater claim as Jews have lived there for, at least, 1,000 years longer. Jews have the greater claim.
7. If Palestine was meant to be a Nation, why did it not exist between 1948 and 1967. Instead, those lands were illegally annexed by Jordan and Egypt.
8. Palestine has never…ever…ever…ever…ever(!) been a Nation. Palestine was first made a province of Rome after the 71 AD revolts of the Jews. It was, at that time, called Judea. The Romans renamed it Palestina or Palestinia. They named it so because of the Philistines who were the ancient enemies of the God and People of Israel. It was a slight. Again, “Palestinians” took the name of the enemy of their own God. Ignorance or Stupidity. You tell me.
Palestine was, after the fall of the Western Empire, a province of the Holy Roman Empire. Thereafter, it was a province of the various multitude of Islamic Empires, Caliphates
and Petty Kingdoms that conquered it. Those various entities, excepting the Crusader States, retained that name for that province. Palestine has never been a State. It has never been a Country. It has never been a Nation. It has never been a Kingdom. It was always a part of some Nation, State, Country or Kingdom
All else is lie or propaganda.
Finally, if Israel is an occupation and has no right to exist, every Nation from Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq to Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Pakistan and Indonesia, likewise, is an occupation and has no right to exist.
All of those nations were created in the same era and in the same manner and with the covert or overt support of the same “colonial” Western Powers.