And people will still die.
1. Gang related deaths are a majority slice of these gun deaths.
You aren’t going to get their guns nor are you going to stop them from getting guns. This isn’t Europe. We have Mexico on our border.
2. Most of the mass killings of white people, which is the real issue here as the only time anyone cares about gun deaths is when they invades White America, are centered on young males who have been life long pharmaceutical addicts due to depression or some other pseudo-psychological issue which the pharmaceutical industry combined with left leaning sociologists and psychologists have conspired to create in order to properly profit from misery.
3. America is not the rest of the world. What works in Australia, Canada, Sweden, Britain or what seems to work there will not necessarily work in America. We have a greater population. We have more dense population centers. We have a more diverse population. We have a greater immigrant population. We have a culture that sees firearms significantly differently than the United Kingdom which has historically banned firearms (weapons) ownership.
4. We have a right to bear arms codified in our Constitution.
This challenge can be supered via the following:
1. Halting the war on drugs. Legalize drugs. Tax them. As with the end of alcohol prohibition, this will greatly decrease violence in the inner cities.
2. Stop the pharmaceutical companies from issuing drugs with KNOWN psychotic side effects.
This would stop roughly 99% of the Young Male Mass Shootings.
3. Enforcing laws currently ON THE BOOKS and stop wasting time on criminal manufacturing and prison profiting.
That ends about 80-90 percent of the firearm deaths that are not GOVERNMENT RELATED.
4. Hold Police accountable for their negligence and malfeasance and dereliction of duty.
Police, as of this moment, are above the law. They can kill with impunity. They can kill innocent people and be excused for doing so because they have a “dangerous job and have to make split second decisions.”
Put a stop to legalized police and STATE murder. That takes a huge chunk out of deaths due to firearms.
These steps are, I would think, common sense.
Imagine the lives that would be saved for more extensive taxation by the State if these steps were taken.
A last step would be to actually reform education in America. An educated citizenry would go a long way towards resolving much violence across all levels of society. It may even rid us of the idiotic superstitions (religions) that plague our people’s minds and spirits.
As for me, I do not trust the State. I trust no State. Not America, not Australia, not even peaceful Canada or Switzerland. All of them are 15 minutes away from tyranny. I’ll keep my ability to defend myself against the despots that have always been waiting in the wings and will always be waiting in the wings.