This is the basis for the supposed free will granted by GoD to humanity:
Surely, this commandment that I am commanding you today is not too hard for you, nor is it too far away…See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, death and adversity. If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I am commanding you today, by loving the Lord your God, walking in his ways, and observing his commandments, decrees, and ordinances, then you shall live and become numerous, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to possess. But if your heart turns away and you do not hear, but are led astray to bow down to other gods and serve them, I declare to you today that you shall perish…I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live…. (Deut. 30:11–19)
That is not a granting of free will. It is coercion.
If a parent were to act upon those words in America today, he/she would be jailed. Yet, Christians somehow believe that those words signify an act of love by GoD toward his “creations.”
That’s tantamount to telling my children that they are to do as they are told or as punishment, I will murder them.
How is this free will? How is this the act of a loving GoD?
This is despotism and bullying. If the President of the United States were to tell the citizens of the United States that we were to do as we were told or he would murder us where we stand, he would be compared to Stalin. That President would be impeached and, more than likely, given a well earned stay in a prison for the criminally insane.
Yet, GoD has done it and we are to believe it is because he loves us.
Furthermore, there is nothing in the Bible that indicates that God has granted humans a “right” to vote.
That “right” was earned by humanity. Not all of humanity but a part of humanity that was willing to fight for said right.
God has nothing to do with it.
And then there are these golden nuggets:
- “And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.” — Acts 13:48
- “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate…. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.” — Romans 8:29-30
- “Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.” — 2 Timothy 1:9
- “He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.” — Ephesians 1:4-5
- “God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation.” — 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- “God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.” — 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
- “For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation.” — Jude 4
- “For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. …. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction.” — Romans 9:11-22
- FREE WILL? Looks like God has already decided who gets the Golden Ticket to Paradise.