1. They were States and not colonies.
2. Fort McHenry not Fort Henry. There would have been very few women or children in the Fort as described in the piece. Probably a few drummer boys and Officer’s wives. A laundress and seamstress, perhaps. Probably a few slaves.
3. 19 ships….not hundreds
4. We weren’t fighting the the British for independence nor were the Brits fighting us for dominance. It was a war over commerce and British support of the Natives out West.
5. Had Fort McHenry fallen, the people would not have become British citizens.
6. The British Commander would have understood American unwillingness to surrender. Fort McHenry was a bastion. It was strong. Cannon balls would not have taken that Fort alone. The British would have had to storm it with troops to have taken it.
7. The Brits actually called off the attack after several unsuccessful maneuvers to get around Fort McHenry’s defenses.
8. The attack was aimed at taking Baltimore.
9. God had nothing to do with it. 12,000 fighting men in built up fighting defenses and a huge Fort was what protected the city and that Flag.
That’s just off the top of my head without fact checking stringently.
This kind of inaccurate nonsense is exactly what Glenn Beck did on his Fox Talk Show. Half lies, half truths and outright lies. I wouldn’t be surprised if Glen Beck produced this nonsense.